Ok, so don't get your hopes up about this being an interesting entry, it wasn't like a wild and crazy night or anything. Just a couple drinks. Booooriiing.
One of our coworkers showed us a nice little Korean style pub near where we live and work. A small place, (all the places are small) very friendly (pretty sure they're all friendly too) and not too expensive. Just about perfect. An has been not drinking, no she's not pregnant, so Chris and I just got a couple of beers and a bottle of soju. The beer was not good or bad, just beer. Which I like sometimes. I already forgot the name. That about says it all. Soju is made from potatos and tastes like half strength vodka, which is more or less what it is. One bottle of this is about 10 fluid oz. and costs 3000 won. Dirt cheap. Pretty sure every bar in Korea gives some sort of snack with your drinks. This one gave us popcorn, chips, peanuts, (those two I'm pretty sure they only gave us because we were American) and snails. That's right. I was a little hesitant but ended up really liking them. They come in these cute little shells and you just suck'em out. Pretty good bar food I think. Andrea wasn't quite ready for them. When she starts drinking again she says. We'll see. :) Everything is so cute here I realized again when I went to the restroom and saw two middle aged Korean men wandering around drunkenly and falling over each other. Adorable. I don't think Koreans have mean drunks. We'll see though. I'll keep you updated.
show me a bar here that serves free snails with a drink and i'll never go anywhere else. :) that sounds amazing!
ReplyDelete