The semester started on Tuesday. Stephen and I finally have a full schedule and our very own groups of kids. We are real teachers! And we teach a LOT. Eleven classes on Monday/Wednesday/Fridays, and 10 classes on Tuesday/Thursdays. That's 53 classes a week. 53 classes to plan and teach in a WEEK. Unbelievable.
Mind you, a lot of the work is done for us. The school provides materials, lesson plans, resources. Tons of resources. And once we get the hang of how things run (right now it's pretty confusing--The schedule, the curriculum...it's a system. We're learning it), we will have to do very little planning (fingers crossed).
Still, it's a lot of work to just teach that many classes. The stamina required to come to every class with enthusiasm, to discipline effectively, to give each and every child the attention he needs and deserves... My brain is convulsing.
My pre-kindergarteners are adorable, but I have a couple of spoiled brats. The elementary kids...Some of my classes are huge and impossible, some of them are delightful, one of them consists of two abnormally quiet but super bright kids.
I haven't washed my hair since Tuesday. I hope no one notices.
Gotta go to work...
-Andrea
that sounds insane! but i'm sure you'll both get the hang out it soon.
ReplyDeletei thought i smelled something
ReplyDeleteWow! Your schedule is so intense!! I'm impressed. I hope ya'll continue to have the stamina to work so hard! I'm thinking about you :)
ReplyDelete