4.25.2010

Kindie Field Trip


Once a month we get to take the kindergarteners (that means every preschool, prekindergarten and kindergarten class in our morning program), or the "kindie kids" on a field trip. My coteacher took a lot of pictures of my Sealions class and was kind enough to send them to me.

When we first got on the bus, I thought it might be fun to get the kids going on "Wheels on the bus go round and round." Then I remembered we had a half-hour trip ahead of us and the rest of the teachers and I needed to preserve our sanity. But then this OTHER teacher got them singing one of their Poly School theme songs. Ugh, so pissed at her. It should have at least been a relavant song.



















Okay, off the bus, off we go!























We didn't really get many animal shots--which is a good thing, because it's a depressing sight. The conditions those poor animals are kept in are not good. Their cages are way too small, and they are not kept clean. There are a lot of things South Korea does right, but animal welfare is not on their list.

Poor deer :(



















No more sad pictures. Op, Dana thinks it's fun to try to scare the animals!
(Dana is pronounced Dah-nuh, which I think suits her personality.)
























I wasn't really sure if I was supposed to keep the kids from climbing on the railings. They seemed like they could pretty much handle it, and it would have been a nightmare trying to enforce such a rule. So:
































They LOVED the guinnea pigs.


















Oh, man I just remembered. I wish I would have brought my own camera so I could have taken a picture of the sign next to the donkey's cage which was translated into English: "miniature ass."

Anyway.

I'm going to be honest. The little girl whose hand I'm holding--I don't like her one bit.





















But I adore Helen. She's such a little sweetie.






































































Here's most of us! It's impossible to take a good picture when you're dealing with 6 hyperactive children. (2 of my students were absent.)






















The trip back was comparatively wonderful. Sleeping kids are preferable to singing/shouting kids.



6 comments:

  1. the kid with the hat is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i apologize in advance for this: OMG SO CUTE EEEEE ADORABLE OMGOMOGMGOMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kid in yellow looks like quite a ham! She's striking a pose in several of the pictures she's in, and the kid with the hat is equally hammy. Looks like a fun bunch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! they are both pretty hammy, and completely adorable. i have no qualms about admitting those two are easily my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahem. mister and missus varner. it has been nearly two weeks since your last post. ahem ahem ahem.

    ReplyDelete